Trillium AI Processor From Arm. Named by Igor.
Of course Trillium is a real word, it's a type of lily. The name combines the natural world with a high tech, scifi, periodic table -ium ending.
Organic, elemental, futuristic - it's alive.
February 13, 2018 – Arm today announced Project Trillium, a suite of Arm IP including new highly scalable processors that will deliver enhanced machine learning (ML) and neural network (NN) functionality. The current technologies are focused on the mobile market and will enable a new class of ML-equipped devices with advanced compute capabilities, including state-of-the-art object detection.
Arm has created a high-end processor to handle machine learning calculations, or those that enable computers to learn without explicitly being programmed to perform certain tasks. “Project Trillium is a whole new class of product with hardware and software,” said Jem Davies, vice president, fellow, and general manager of Arm’s Machine Learning Group. “We looked at GPUs (graphics processing units) and CPUs (central processing units), but it became clear that executing with the best efficiency required a ground-up design specific to machine learning.”
- Anand Tech, Arm Announces Project Trillium Machine Learning IPs
- Android Authority, Arm's new chips will bring on-device AI to millions of smartphones
- Cambridge News, Arm wants to put machine learning in your mobile phone
- Datanami, Arm ML Processors Eye Object Detection
- Design and Reuse, Arm's Project Trillium Offers the Industry's Most Scalable, Versatile ML Compute Platform (syndicated press release)
- eeNews Europe, Arm launches two machine learning processors
- Electronics Weekly, Arm to launch two AI IPs
- Engadget, Arm's latest processors are designed for mobile AI
- Enterprise Tech, Arm Launches ML Processors for Edge Devices
- Extreme Tech, Arm Announces Project Trillium, a New Dedicated AI Processing Family
- Forbes, Arm Throws Their Axe Into The AI Ocean With Project Trillium
- Hot Hardware, Arm Launches Project Trillium To Boost AI Machine Learning On Smartphones
- Liliputing, Arm's Project Trillium brings on-device machine learning to smartphones (and speakers, cars, and more)
- MIT Technology Review, The company that made smartphones smart now wants to give them built-in AI
- Neowin, Arm unveils its latest machine learning platform, codename Project Trillium
- PCMag, Arm Unveils Project Trillium, a New AI Chip Family
- Quartz, Soon every gadget is going to have a special chip for AI
- SiliconANGLE, Arm unveils 'Project Trillium' AI chips for mobile devices
- Tech Design Forum, Arm readying AI processor to catch up with 'surprising' demand
- TechCrunch, Your next phone may have an ARM machine learning processor
- Techgage, Arm's Project Trillium To Bring Robust Machine-learning And Object Detection Capabilities To The Edge
- Telecoms, Arm launches dedicated chip designs for machine learning
- The Verge, Arm unveils two new AI chip designs to ride the machine learning wave
- VentureBeat, Arm unveils mobile machine learning processor Project Trillium
- ZDNet, Arm rolls out Project Trillium for edge device computing